Back End Developer/Engineer
Engrain is a recognized leader in software-as-a-service (SAAS) mobile, online, and touch-screen software solutions for the real estate industry. We are seeking a Back End Developer/Engineer who will be responsible for programming custom integrations that leverage proprietary APIs as well as managing hosting environments and internal systems.
This is a mid-level position that requires a combination of programming skills. Deliverables include building and integrating custom API push processes, maintaining legacy software, supporting technical producers and other team members with system administration responsibilities, and other development duties as assigned.
We are looking for an individual with a strong understanding of logic, data, APIs, and custom integrations to join our development team. This is an in-house position, full-time.
- An individual with strong attention to detail and an understanding of development processes/languages.
- At home in a fast-paced, high growth environment and know how to get it done – whatever it may be – with a sense of urgency
- Able to quickly learn the technical aspects of our product, including data sets and API functions.
- A self-starter, who’s able to operate at a high-level in an autonomous environment.
You can expect to:
- Perform data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Integrate multiple data sources into one system.
- Leverage proprietary data and APIs to set up and integrate custom data processes.
- Maintain and support legacy software.
- Troubleshoot data integration/back end-related issues.
- Ensure tasks and projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Escalate issues to senior team members/management, when needed.
We Would Like:
- Experience with PHP and MySQL environments.
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Laravel, etc.
- Experience managing MySQL databases.
- Experience with integrating data from external data sources/services.
- Understanding of REST and SOAP API architectures is a big plus.
- Experience working with GIT version control systems is a big plus.
- Excellent team and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, testing, and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years of development experience.
- Ability to assess the scope of work and effort required.
- Ability to work constructively under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to take initiative to solve problems and escalate issues to senior team members/management when needed.
- Willingness to learn, grow, and take ownership of projects.
What we offer:
- 100% employee health, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Immediate & generous paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K (matched investment)
- Personal growth stipend
- A fun workplace with on-site amenities including professional fitness center, flexible & modern workspace, meditation room, coffee bar, happy hour taps & employee lounge
- RTD Light Rail flexpass + easy access from the office
More about Engrain:
Located in Denver, with teams in Dallas / Fort Worth. Engrain’s 20+ year history in the real estate industry has positioned us perfectly for disruption in the proptech market. We are on a mission to change the way people interact with data. And to do so beautifully.
Our high-quality standards are emphasized by our passion for what we do. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to uphold these standards while helping to foster an empowering and energetic company culture.
How to apply:
Apply here – https://bit.ly/2AW2JHc (copy and paste link into browser)